The Code Enforcement Officer, Officer Lebsock, has the responsibility of enforcing our weed, animal, and snow removal ordinances, among others. We understand that no resident likes to be reminded to comply with these "quality of life" ordinances and so it is our policy to seek voluntary compliance from our citizenry. Whenever possible we will work with residents to correct violations without necessarily issuing a citation. We thought it would be helpful to post on summaries of some of the more common City ordinance violations we encounter. We greatly appreciate your assistance in keeping Brush! such a clean and friendly city.
- Sec 7-7-110: Dogs must be licensed on or before March 1st of each year. New residents shall have 30 days to register their dog.
- Sec 7-7-280: No dog shall be permitted to habitually bark, howl, or yelp to disturb the peace of others.
- Sec 5-7-300: No dog shall be allowed to run at large.
- Sec 7-5-10: No property owner or tenant shall permit any weed to grow more than 12 inches.
- Sec 11-1-60: All persons shall keep the sidewalk in front of and adjacent to the premises or tenements occupied or owned by them clear of ice, mud, dirt, filth and rubbish within 24 hours of any snowfall.
- Sec 7-3-10: Accumulations of waste; nuisance.
- (a) The accumulation of waste, other than weekly trash, on any premises, improved or unimproved, or upon any public street, alley or other public place in the City is hereby declared to be a nuisance and is prohibited.
- (b) The parking or replacement of old, unused, stripped or junked motor vehicles, camper trailers, travel trailers, camper shells or camper units, together with other machinery, implements or equipment of any kind, any of which is no longer serviceable or safely usable for the purposes for which it was manufactured for a period of thirty (30) days (except in approved junkyards) within the City is hereby declared to be a nuisance and dangerous to public safety. No personal property shall be used as a storage facility for other property.