The annexation process is as follows:
- Petition for Annexation filed with the Community Development Department.
- Petition reviewed by Community Development Department and City Attorney.
- City Council adopts a resolution finding substantial compliance with the provisions of the Colorado Revised Statutes 31-12-107(1).
- A public hearing is then set to determine if the area proposed to be annexed meets the applicable requirements of C.R.S. 31-12-104 and 31-12-105 to establish eligibility for annexation under the Municipal Annexation Act of 1965. It also orders the City Clerk to publish notice of the public hearing once a week for four successive weeks in the Brush News Tribune.
- Public Hearing. Resolution of Findings and first reading of Ordinance.
- Second reading of Ordinance.